MORE FROM MONEY »
- Just a third of credit-worthy consumers tapped by banks: Cibil report
- Gold prices continue slide on muted demand, global cues
- Bankruptcy code must include buyers
- Global gold prices hit 5-month low as US trade war with China ‘on hold’
- Term of the day: Insurance persistency ratio
How do you buy a health insurance plan? If you settle with the plan your agent sells or are happy knowing you have bought the cheapest plan, there is a bit of unlearning and a lot of learning in store for you. To give you a ready comparison, we designed Mint SecureNow Mediclaim Ratings (MSMR). The full ratings can be seen here.
For family floater plans, there are two sum insureds (Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh) and three categories—eldest insured is 35, 45 or 65 years old. For individual plans, the sum assured are Rs5 lakh, Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh. The ages are 35, 45, 65 and 70 years.